Tuesday, May 10, 2011

I had a baby!

So I had a baby!! Yay! I love him tons and tons and I am SO glad that he is here. Ok so I guess I will try to tell somewhat of the story. My doctor thought I would have him early, and so did I. When the week of my due date came I was getting really bad anxiety that something bad was going to happen to my baby. I just wanted him in my arms! So at my appointment I was already dilated to a 3 and 80% effaced and was having pretty regular contractions all day for the past couple of days. She thought I would have him in the next couple of days. I told her if I didn't have him that day that I wanted to be started the next day which was Tuesday April 19. So the next day at noon I went to the hospital. I was dilated to a 4, so they were sure I would have this baby quickly. They were right! They gave me pitocin at 1:30 and my doctor broke my water at 2. I really wanted to go through labor without the epidural, but the pictocin kicked my butt! I made it to 3:30 and I was dilated to a 7. They gave me the epidural and it honestly was wonderful! With my other kids I did not like my epidurals, but this one was awesome. I could move my legs still and all I felt was pressure, no pain! So after I got the epidural the nurses decided to leave me alone in the room with my husband, which kind of scared me. About 4:30 I felt something coming out of me, pretty much a baby! I paged the nurse and she came in and assured me that I was a full 10 and baby was on his way. She then told me that she would call my doctor. I was a little concerned because my doctor wasn't there and baby was pretty much there. They would not let me put my legs up in the stir ups until the doctor was there because the nurses said they did not want to have to deliver the baby. They said that if I didn't have an epidural they would have delivered. I was worried he would fall out of me, I kept feeling each contraction and felt him coming closer and closer. I told Lance not to make me laugh because I was afraid I would use a muscle that would push him right out. Luckily we had a room by the parking lot and the nurses kept looking out there to watch for my doctor. Then my doctor pulled up and ran into the hospital. As soon as she got to the room they finally put my legs in the stir ups and the while doctor was putting on gloves she pretty much caught baby on his way out. I seriously pushed like once and there he was. So he finally got here at around 5:30, a little over 4 hours after I got there. All 6 pounds and 18 inches of him! Oh and his name is Kade Kenneth Nielson! After I had him my doctor was delivering the placenta, which took forever because a piece of it was stuck. Then she told me that she was really glad I decided to have him because my placenta did not look good. Maybe that is way he was so small and hadn't been growing very well? Who knows?

So I love him and I will post pictures of him soon. ( my computer isn't working, I am using my laptop right now and don't know how to put pictures on it;) I am so thankful he is here and feel so blessed to have another little spirit sent to me straight from heaven


Jennifer said...

Beautiful birth story...gotta love those momma instincts! So happy for you and your family!

Jeff and Ashley said...

I am glad that your delivery went well and you didn't have to push too much!!! I have seen him on Facebook but I can't wait to see more pictures of this little cutie! :)